Get to experience Nepal in a very different way! Trek into forests, climb hills and discover a beautiful town in this three day trek, located in the hills right above Kathmandu.
An amazing and exciting journey in a Himalayan subtropical forest with the chance of witnessing the local wildlife in the very first day of trekking. Then, on the second day, you will hike to the top of a hill hosting the best views and sunrises in the area. You will also have a great insight of the Nepali culture and lifestyle.
Day 1: Arrival.
We will pick you up from the Tribhuvan International Airport once you’ve landed in Kathmandu and we will take you to your hotel.
Day 2: Driving to Sundarijal. Trekking to Chisapani.
One of our cars will take you to Sundarijal, approximately nine miles away from Kathmandu. Sundarijal hosts amazing waterfalls and rivers, and it’s considered to be a holy site for Hindus. We will start our trek at Shivapuri National Park, where we will hike uphill through the forest. There are several villages and shops where we could rest or drink tea.
Day 3: Trekking to Nagarkot.
Our next stop will be Nagarkot, after having breakfast. After three hours or so, we will stop for lunch at either Jhule or Chauki Bhanjyang. Then, we will leave for Nagarkot which takes about four hours or more. We will cross few villages on our way till we finally reach Nagarkot. This hill station is one of the most popular spots around Kathmandu and it’s known for its beautiful landscapes, sunrises and sunsets.
Day 4: Trekking to Dhulikhel.
You might want to wake up early to enjoy the sunrise. Our trek will be 6 hours long today, so we will start after having breakfast. We will be walking in the countryside for hours till reaching Dhulikhel in the evening. At Dhulikhel, you can visit temples or local markets.
Day 5: Driving to Kathmandu. Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Return to Kathmandu in a private car and crossing Bhaktapur Durbar Square on our way. This site is included in the Unesco’s World Heritage List for its historical, religious and cultural heritage. We will also visit the Boudhanath Stupa, a Buddhist monastery, and the Pashupatinath Temple, one of world’s most sacred Hindu temples. Both of them are also in this same Unesco list.
Day 6: Leaving.
We will leave you at the airport and say goodbye.
- Pick up from and drop you to the airport or hotel in our company vehicle.
- Stay at a 3 star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara on a twin-sharing basis. Breakfast is included.
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu in a private vehicle with our guide. All entrance fees will be paid.
- Accommodation at guesthouses during the cycling trip on a twin-sharing basis. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners will also be included.
- Local government-licensed guides.
- Fees for entering certain protected areas and for the Trekkers’ Information Management System card.
- We will lend you a down jacket and a sleeping bag for the trek.
- Fully paid bus tickets for Kathmandu-Pokhara drive and return. Other rides in private vehicles also included in the itinerary.
- Flight tickets for Pokhara-Jomsom trip.
- A duffel bag, a sun hat and a t-shirt as a souvenir from us.
- A traditional Nepali feast with cultural shows as a goodbye dinner.
- All tourist fees, government charges and other official expenses.
Does not include:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu. All meals throughout the cycling trip.
- Additional accommodation before, during or after the set itinerary.
- Charges at airports or other areas for excess luggage.
- Alcohol, hot or cold drinks, bottled water, and other snacks.
- Phone calls, internet, laundry, additional porters, and other personal expenses.
- Travel insurance. (*It is compulsory and covers emergency rescue and evacuation.)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Visa fees for entering Nepal.
- Trekking equipment.
- Other expenses not mentioned on the “Includes” list.