Have you ever dreamed of touring the Andes and visiting the imposing monument of Machu Picchu in Peru?
Know Machu Picchu
Declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco and considered one of the 7 wonders of the modern world, the ancient Inca settlement is located in the Andes at almost 2,500 meters of altitude, in the region of Cusco (Peru) and in what is known as the The Incas' Sacred Valley. Each year millions of adventurers travel through this spectacular valley in search of the impressive architectural ensemble.
You can discover the wonders of Machu Picchu with this 2-day tour to visit enclaves such as Pisac, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo and various archaeological sites accompanied by a guide who will explain all the information about this magical place. The first day we will go to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in the base town to rest before taking the next day to Machu Picchu.
The 2 day tour
DAY 1: CUSCO - SACRED VALLEY WITH PISAC AND OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES
The guide will receive you in Cusco in the morning at the hotel, from where this incredible adventure will start on a trip through the mountains to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Take the opportunity to relax and enjoy the spectacular views along the road that includes the city of Saqsaywaman, declared a World Heritage Site, along with a historical series of aqueducts, canals and waterfalls. The winding road descends to 1,500 feet (457 meters) and goes along the sacred Urubamba River.
Once you reach the town of Pisac, you will visit the lively traditional market, ideal to buy some souvenirs, and the Inca ruins of Pisac, which are located on a hill with stunning views over the valley. Among the monuments to see: altars, baths, water fountains and the "inti watana", a carved volcanic outcrop known as a "sun hook".
The tour continues about 40 minutes from Pisac, in Urubamba. Here you will enjoy a buffet lunch (on your own) before continuing to the city of Ollantaytambo, another Inca archaeological site. Temples, terraces and warehouses await you under the watchful eye of the Inca god Wiracocha, whose image is engraved on the Pinkuylluna mountain overlooking Ollantaytambo. Later, you will take a train to Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu Town. Upon arrival, the transfer to the 3-star hotel will take place, where the guide will meet for a brief informative session before the visit to Machu Picchu the next day.
* Optional: Private tour of the city of Cusco (optional, if you chose it instead of the Sacred Valley tour on day 1) before taking the train to Aguas Calientes. Visit Saccsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, Cusco Cathedral and Koricacha. Later, transfer to Ollantaytambo and train to Aguas Calientes.
Accommodation at the 3-star Casa Andina Classic or similar hotel.
DAY 2: GUIDED VISIT TO MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO (B)
After a restful night and an early breakfast, you will take a bus to Machu Picchu with your guide and where you will arrive in time for the sunrise. You will get to know the city thoroughly. There is the option to visit Huayna Picchu (cost not included), the mountain that rises over Machu Picchu, to get incredible views of the ancient city of the Incas below. You can do this walk on your own, without a guide, in about 2 hours.
"The charms of Peru awaits you on this wonderful two-day tour that you will surely enjoy to the fullest."
- Transfers between your Cusco hotel and Ollantaytambo train station
- Arrival and Departure airport transfers
- English or Spanish-speaking guide
- Sacred Valley of the Incas tour
- One night at a 3-star hotel, including breakfast
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- 1 Bottle of Water
- Machupicchu access tickets
- Round trip bus tickets in Machupicchu
- Round trip train tickets (The Voyager Class)
- Extra night hotel accommodations
- Lunches and dinners
- Sacred Valley or Cusco City tour entrance fees (depending on which option is chosen)
- Waynapicchu Mountain climb entrance fees US$ 30 (Request in advance to provide if still available)
- Hot springs entrance fees (optional, you can do on your arrival in Aguas Calientes)
- Additional expenses
- Gratuity (optional)
- Hotel upgrade: For an extra cost (Upgrade your hotel to a 4 or 5 star hotel)
This activity can be cancelled and fully refunded up to 24 hours after booking.
After this time, Machu Picchu Luxury Tours has established that you have up to 2 days before the activity to cancel and get a refund.
If the activity had to be cancelled because of weather conditions, you would have a full refund.