Spend over a week exploring the upper slopes and coastal areas of the south of Andalusia, in the most beautiful and thrilling corner of Spain.
Come with us to the south of Andalucía, to go canyoning down the spectacular river gorge of Verde river, trek through the beautiful mountain villages and hillsides of the Alpujarras under the Sierra Nevada mountain range, walk and kayak the coastline of Cabo de Gata National Park, and explore the whitewashed settlements, long beaches and mountainsides of the Axarquia, east of Malaga.
- Start and end your journey in Malaga, a 2,800 year old port city currently being rejuvenated as a national hub for arts & culture.
- Trek through the mountain villages, gorges and terraces of the Alpujarras, skirting the southern slopes of the Sierra Nevada.
- Enjoy a full canyoning experience in Rio Verde, an area of green, cool waters, deep pools, sunlit waterfalls and extraordinary natural beauty.
- Trek along Cabo de Gata’s best beaches, Andalusia’s largest coastal protected area, a stunningly beautiful coastline of volcanic hillsides, rocky headland and pristine sandy beaches.
- Take to the water in a kayak to explore Cabo de Gata’s National Park from another angle.
- Trek along the hills of the Axarquia, east of Malaga, and explore some of its whitewashed villages - or climb to the top of La Maroma, the region’s highest peak.
Day 1 - Arrival: Your first taste of Malaga
Day 2 - Canyoning Down The Rio Verde
Day 3 - Trek the Villages Of The Alpujarras - Day One
Day 4 - Trek the Villages Of The Alpujarras - Day Two
Day 5 - A Coastal Trek Along The Cabo de Gata
Day 6 - Kayaking The Cabo de Gata
Day 7 - Exploring Axarquia’s Villages / Highest Mountain
Day 8 - Leaving From Malaga
This activity can be cancelled and fully refunded up to 24 hours after booking.
After this time, Rug&Rock Adventures has established that you have up to 30 days before the activity to cancel and get a refund.
If the activity had to be cancelled because of weather conditions, you would have a full refund.