This trip will take you to one of the best landscapes in the Himalayas, from which you can observe five of the highest peaks of the mountain range, above 8,000 meters, including the jewel in the crown: Everest.
It is an expedition in which we will pass through different camps (3, normally), guided by highly qualified and experienced local mountaineers, between guides and support team.
In this adventure you will find ice, snow, rock climbing in the surroundings of an impressive glacier, walks through unforgettable landscapes such as the Khumbu Valley, where you will get to know the Sherpa culture, a redoubt of tradition accessible to only a few.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu - (1,300 m / 4,264 ft)
We will land at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. After finishing the immigration process, we will meet with the representative of Himalayas, who will welcome you to the purest traditional style at the arrivals gate. From there we will take you to the reserved hotel. At night, you can enjoy a delicious traditional welcome dinner.
Day 02: Exploring Patan and the Temple of the Monkey (Shoyambunath)
Our day starts soon, there is so much to see! Our first stop is a few kilometers from the city, and yet it has not been affected by the modern pace. Bungamati represents the true beauty of ancient culture still present in society. It is a small Newari town that maintains the tradition for most of its life. After a few minutes of walking, we will arrive to another newari town called Khokana.
The second half of the day will be dedicated to exploring the beautiful city of Patan (Lalitpur), known for its traditional Newari architecture, wood carving and metallurgy, among other arts. We can see goldsmiths, carvers and weavers work on their workshops. After a day of approaching the native culture, we will return in the evening to the three stars hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Lukla (2,848 m / 9,344 ft) 35 minutes; Phakding (2,652 m / 8,700 ft) 3 - 4 hours
We will leave the hotel in Kathmandu and we will be transferred to the airport, from where we take a short scenic flight to Lukla. Lukla is a small place, with a modest airstrip compared to others. Due to its geographical conditions, there are limitations for this particular airport.
Upon arrival in Lukla, we will start our journey from there to Phakding. We will spend the night in a teahouse.
Day 04: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440 m / 11,280 ft) 5 - 6 hours
We entered our second day of trekking. We will prepare and warm up thoroughly for the day of the walk that awaits us.
Following our way from Phakding, we arrive at Namche Bazaar, a paradise for climbers. This enclave is the gateway to the Himalaya Everest Region of Khumbu. We will sleep in a teahouse.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar
The fifth day of our trip is acclimatization, so we will take a short walk to get a spectacular view of Everest, instead of staying inactive. We will wake up among sounds of yak cowbells, and with the light of dawn revealing the high mountains that surround us. We will be captivated by the presence of Kwangde (6380m), Thamserku (6608m) and Kangtega (6685m).
Despite visiting one place after another, the excitement is felt in the air, in a slow and quiet ascent to the highest hotel in the world: the Everest View Hotel. This hotel offers us a privileged place from which to admire the first sight of the dazzling Everest (8848m) and other famous peaks of the Himalayas with Nuptse (7,861m), Lhotse (8414m) and Ama-Dablam (6856m). We will return to Namche Bazaar and we will stay there one more night.
Day 06: Trekking to Deboche
We will continue advancing on our Everest route. We will pass through several settlements and cross the Dhudh Koshi river. On the way we will be accompanied by magnificent views of the high peaks such as Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam. After a steep climb, we arrived at the Buddhist monastery of Thyangboche. We will have time to explore the monastery and take a look at its surroundings. After descending to the village of Deboche, we will spend the night there.
Day 07: Trekking to Pheriche (4,300 m)
Hike to the village of Pangboche (4,000m / 13,120ft). We will continue ascending to spend the night in Pheriche.
Day 08: Adapting to Pheriche
Another day for acclimatization. The terrain is more suitable for the conditions that require a more intense walk. We will climb a slope that overlooks the high valleys of the Himalayas. In the afternoon we will receive very valuable information about the altitude at which we will move from this moment.
Day 09: To Base Camp
Day hike back to Pangboche and to cross the Dudh Kosi River. We will ascend to the base camp of Ama Dablam, which will be at an altitude of 4,570 meters. We will stay there to spend the day of acclimatization facing the march that awaits us and organize the next route.
Day 10-25: Ascent and descent to Ama Dablam (6856 m / 22488 ft)
Using the previous experience of the guides and members of the expedition, we will draw the best road map based on weather and specific situations. It is possible that we have to delay the ascent and wait at the base camp to organize the food, ensure a better acclimatization and practice mountain and climbing techniques.
A typical example of a roadmap to follow could be:
After settling in the base camp, we will climb Camp 1 at 5,700 meters following the best known and practicable route. Generally, we will spend one night in camp 1 to acclimatize and then descend back to base camp to prepare for the final climb to the summit.
There are three camps above the base camp to the top.
Getting to camp 1 from the base can be complex depending on your abilities or preparation. From then on, it will be necessary to use ropes, either existing ones or those that we fix. From camp 2 to camp 3, most of the land is ice and mixed climbing. Climbing is less technical and relatively more accessible. By day 26 we will have reached the top and will return to the base camp.
Day 26-27: Trekking to Lukla
Day trekking back to Thyangboche, Namche Bazaar and Phakding to finally reach Lukla.
Day 28: Lukla - Kathmandu
For this day we will take an incredible flight from Lukla to the valley of Kathmandu. Enjoy this exotic experience and the incredible panoramic views of what you just went through during the trek. Explore Kathmandu at night or take the opportunity to spend a quiet night of well-deserved rest.
Day 29: Free day in Kathmandu
After a few days so intense, play free day in the city of Kathmandu. You can go sightseeing or take advantage to do some shopping, make the most of your last day in Kathmandu! Late in the evening we will return to the hotel to enjoy a cultural show during the farewell dinner.
Day 30: Day of departure
After thirty days of unforgettable memories, we put an end to this beautiful adventure in Nepal. Our representatives will accompany you to the airport to take your return flight.
Trip Cost Includes:
• Airport/hotel transfers by private vehicle
• Three nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Welcome or farewell dinners (depending up to your arrival and departure time)
• Khatmandu-Lukha-Kathmandu flight ticket for Guide and Nepali crews while applicable
• An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and High Altitude trekking local Sherpa porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter maximum weight 20 kg)
• Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek as per available food menu in tea houses/lodges
• Three times a cup of tea or coffee during the trek
• Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek on a twin sharing basis (will provide single bedroom whenever available if you are a solo traveler)
• Down jacket and trekking equipment for local staff
• Sagarmatha National Park (Everest national park )Permit Fee
• TIMS card Permit (Trekkers Information Management System) for responsible tourism and porter protects
• Basic group medical supplies for normal health problem and injured (First Aid medical kit will be available)
• Medical and health insurance for local crew members
• All government and local taxes (25% income tax and 13% Vat)
Trip Cost Does Not Include:
• Nepal Visa fee USD25 for 15 days, USD40 for 30 days or if extending your stay USD100 for 90 days. All multiple entries. You will also need 2 passport photos. The visa fee can be paid in US Dollars, pounds or euros. (You must bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
• International flight ticket to Kathmandu
• Excess baggage charges (15kg allowed ok Kathmandu Lukla flight) 1kg = $1 USD
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
• Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu if early return from the mountain (due to any reason)
• Personal expenses (Telephone calls, laundry, alcohol, batteries, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc)
• Extra tea and coffee, snacks, energy bars, chocolates, etc.
• Personal travel and medical insurance and medicine if you are using any regular medicine
• Helicopter evacuation and emergency rescue
• Tips for guides and porters
• Any other items which is not in Includes section