This trip will take you to the best places in Nepal. You will know the best and most interesting places in Annapurna after your arrive at Kathmandu and enjoy a first trip through the important monuments and small cities in the country, before engaging yourself in an amazing experience between the mountains of the Himalaya.
The trip will be organized by days, scheduled like this:
1st Day: Arrive at Kathmandu
You will have to do a migration process at the airport (*2 passport type pictures required), pick your luggage, and then meet with the representative in charge of taking you to the hotel. The person in charge will give you a traditional welcome and will help you to get to your accommodation.
The same evening, for dinner, you will be taken to have a typical-food welcome dinner.
2nd day: Sightseen in Patan and Monkey temple
For this second day, there is a great trip planned over the three most important places in Nepal: Monkey Temple, Patan, and Bungmati Kokana.
Bungamati and Khokana are the first stop of the early morning, they are a more traditional cities, less affected by all the modern technology, so it is really interesting and curious. Bungamati is a small Newari village that it still has traditions that are lost with the new cultural and globalization of the country. Going for a walk, just a few minutes after, we will arrive at Kokhana, the next small village similar to Bungamati in their traditions and with the same typical lifestyle preservation.
The second half of the day we will travel around Patan, Lalitpur. We would be in love with its Newari architecture, woodcarving and metal works. On our way to the hotel, we will see metal-smiths, woodcarvers and carpet weavers working. We will sleep at the same hotel this night.
3rd day: Drive to Besisahar and trek to Bhuldhule
Early in the morning, we will drive to Pokhara along the valley of Trishuli, where we will witness the great mountain view of Ganesh Himal and Manaslu. Reaching Mugling the road turns to Dumre, and then it will go through Besisahar, which is the starting point of the trekking experience. From there, the trip will lead us down the river and will continue to the north, up to the Marshayandi valley, with Hiunchuli and 29 other snow claded peak, that dominates the skyline. We will continue through rice paddies and villages for 2 hours. Then we will reach Bhulbhule.
4th day: Trip to Jagat
From Bhulbhule, we will arrive to Ngaddi, going through the river and passing over a great waterfall. Crossing the suspention bridge, the trail steadly goes uphill through the scrub forest, reaching a Tibetan style Manangi village of Lampatta. It will be a great view, all of it is decorated with prayer flags. From this point, we will ascend to the village of Bahundana, 1311m high, and then we will descend to a river at Syange, 1136m high. We will cross the river once again, until we get to the camping of Jagat, where we’ll spend the night.
5th day: Trek to Dharapani
As we wake up we will head towards Chyamje, crossing the suspension bridge trail that goes uphill and through the Oak forest. We’ll continue the walk for a while, the trail will emerge into a valley, and we will reach the village of Tal, situated on the foot of a massif waterfall. Crossing the river again, the trail will ascend to the village of Dharapani. The maximum high of the trip will be 1934m.
6th day: Trek to Chame
In Dharapani we will start our trip to continue the climb to village of Bagarchap, 2164m high. Going on with the trek, we will cross the forest, and will reach Dhanagyu, where we will climb up to Temang, and then rest for a while to have lunch. Temang offers a magnificent view of Manaslu, along with other snow capped massif from the Himalaya. We will start our descent from there, through a fir and pine forest, to Koto and then to Chame, which is also the administrative capital of Manang district.
7th day: Trek to Pisang
We will do our trail next to the river, close through a deep canyon. We will make our way through numerous waterfalls, and will arrive to Brathang, which is at 2919m high. From there the trail will go through a steep narrow valley. While we are winding through the deep forest, we will witness the magnificent view of Annapurna II. Crossing the river, where the extraordinary curved rock face of Paungda Danda rises abruptly at 1500m high, the trail will climb to the village of Pisang.
8th day: Trek to Manang village
For this trip you’ll have 2 choices, either you can take a high route to Manang via the villages of Gyaru and Ngawal (8-9 hours), or opt for a shorter main trail to Manang which goes through a low pass into the valley below Pisang peak (5-6 hours). Both options offer the magnificent Mountain view, introduces us into the diverse Himalayan lifestyle, and set a strong fundation aboyt the concealed geographical variation of the country.
9th day: Acclimatation in Manang
This day we will rest in Manang, the village, where we will adapt with the risen altitude and explore the surreal beauty surrounding us. Most of the adventurers ascend to a hill situated behind Manang, which offers the astonishing view of Annapurna massif and the huge icefall that run into and rumbles down from Gangapurna. We will see the absolute beauty of the mass of Gangapurna and Annapurna Tower, just above us. It is the place to enjoy the most beautiful sunset on the whole country.
10th day: Trek to Yak Kharka
We will depart from Manang towards the base of Thorong La pass. Climbing out of Mashyangdi valley, we will turn northwest to the valley of Jarsang Khola. Winding above the forest we will pass through an arid alpine land, with scrub juniper and patches of birch to Yak Kharka. We will reach it on the afternoon and in the remaining time we can explore the vicinity. Here we can get an occasional glimpse of Blue Sheep which are the local inhabitants of this chilly and breezy area.
11th day: Trek to Muktinath
Early in the morning, we weill climb the pass. The initial stage of the ascent is very steep, but as we approach the peak it becomes much sloppier. The altitud though, still makes the walk challenging. After making our way through few false summits, we will finally make it to the top of the pass, at 5416m high. The top will give us the unexplainable 360º panorama of the snow capped peaks, extending northwards into the Tibet. Upon looking back we can view several peaks of Annapurna and in front of us is the unfathomable gorge of Kali Gandaki. After the pass, the trail descends gradually but becomes steeper, finally making to a grassy slope, before easing off to a gradual downhill walk to Muktinath.
12th day: Trek to Jomson
After visiting the holy temple of Muktinath, we will make our way through an arid landscape, with the snow clad Himalayas in the backdrop. The trail goes down the valley, offering an array of beautidul colors to Kali Gandaki valley, at Ekalabatti. It is a easy walk from here that finally brings us to Jomsom.
13th day: Fly back to Pokhara
From Jomsom, we will take an early morning scenic flight to Pokhara, enjoying the magnificent views of Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri. Upon arrival, we will check in to the hotel, where you will have time to refresh yourself, and have lunch. You have the rest of the day totally free to explore the city and the lake. You can hire a bicycle and make the trip even more memorable!
14th day: Fly back to Kathmandu
We will take again an early morning flight back to Kathmandu, through the Himalayas. In Kathmandu, the rest of the day will be free. We will start the traveling around by visiting Kathmandu valley.
15th day: Departure
After breakfast, you will have free time until the departure. Then, you will be taken to Kathmandy Airport by the person in charge of the trip.
We hope that you will have a great time with us, we surely will!
What’s included in the trip
- Transfer from airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport by private vehicle.
- Three nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with Buffet breakfast
- Welcome or farewell dinners (depending on the time you arrive)
- Kathmandu to Kathmandu surface transportation (road and flight)
- Transfer road and flight for the person that will guide you
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader, trekking guide, assistant trek leader (4trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and High Altitud trekking local Sherpa porters to carry your luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter maximum weight 20kg) including their allowance wages, salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging expenses during a trek.
- Full board meals BLD (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek as per available food menu in tea houses/lodges
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trek on twin sharing basic (will provide single bedroom wherever available if you are traveling solo travelers)
- Down jacket and trekking equipment for local staff
- Annapurta conservation area Permit Fee (ACAP)
- TIMS card permit (Trekkers information management system) for responsible tourism and porter protects
- Badic group medical supplies for normal health problems and injuries and First Aid Medical Kit
- Medical and health insurance for local crew members
- All government and local taxes (25% income tax and 13%VAT)
The trip costs DON’T include
- Nepal VISA fee, 25$ for 15 days, 40$ for 30 days, or if you are extending your stay up to 90 days, 100$. All are multiple entries. You will also need 2 passport pictures. The VISA fee can be paid in USDollars, Pounds, Sterlings or Euros. Bring accurate USD and 2 passport-type pictures.
- International flight ticket to arrive to Kathmandu
- Excess of baggage charges: 15kg allowed on Kathmandu - Lukla flight. per extra 1kg = 1$
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu if there is an early return from the mountain (due to any reason) out of the itinerary
- Personal expenses (telephone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, etc.)
- Extra tea, coffee, snacks, energy chocolates etc.
- Personal travel and medical insurance and medicine if you are using any regular medicine
- Helicopter evacuation and emergency rescue will be provided but not the costs
- Tips for guides and porters